The Emelle Tract in Sumter County, Alabama, is an extremely versatile property that surveyed out at 398.5 acres. It is ready to be converted into your dream property. Currently, it is set up with a low fence for cattle grazing. However, years ago, it was used for paid hunting and the hunting still remains very good today. With a few improvements, this could be easily converted back into an incredible recreational and timber property.
- Excellent deer, turkey, hog, dove, and duck hunting. They have held barrel-burning dove shoots for 50+ guns at a time. If you’re looking to entertain family, friends, or customers then this will be a great way to do it!
- Awesome neighbors that invest heavily in quality wildlife and property management.
- Hog trapping arrangement in place that could be maintained.
- Shooting houses and green fields that could be reestablished.
- 20+ year old hardwood timber land throughout the tract. It could use a first thinning. Mixture of Cherrybark Oak, Nuttall Oak, and White Oak. This was part of a CRP program that has been fulfilled. There are no current restrictions remaining. It was planted approximately 220 trees to the acre.
- There are a couple of potential bass lake sites on this recreational land for sale. This family currently runs a commercial fishing operation on a nearby property. They have had tremendous success with growing large bass in this area. Their customers are catching 10+ pound bass regularly. Additionally, their pond builder does incredible work and lives close to the property. He would be happy to quote you and build the ponds on this tract. They can also do any brush clearing or bulldozer work that you need.
- Blacktop road frontage and several areas that would make great home sites. Power runs through the property close to the possible homesite areas.
- Under 15 minutes to the famous Diamond Jim’s and Mrs. Donna’s Steak House in Livingston, AL.
- 1 hour to Tuscaloosa, AL, 1 hour and 45 minutes to Birmingham, AL, 40 minutes to Meridian, MS.
This Alabama farm for sale is offered by Slade Johnston with Tutt Land Company. Contact Slade for more information or to schedule an appointment to view. Tutt Land Company is a full service real estate and land management company offering development services, timberland management and brokerage of land, residential and commercial real estate.
We are proud to have Tutt Land Company, a company with a top-notch reputation for services rendered to buyers and sellers, as a Professional Account Customer and LANDFLIP partner.
If you have a question about advertising your land for sale or display advertising opportunities, the LANDFLIP staff is only a phone call (877-339-5263), chat or email away.