The Tally Ho Ranch, in Platte County, Wyoming, consists of 12,065 +/- acres ideal for ranching, hunting and recreation. The ranch has a new executive home with high quality construction and other functional outbuildings and working corrals.
- Conveniently located in one of the best elk areas in Wyoming and only 16 miles southwest of Wheatland, the ranch features live water, scenic western vistas and pine-covered hills
- There are 5,050 +/- deeded acres, 5,875 +/- BLM lease acres, and 1,140 +/- state lease acres and is owner-rated at a year-round carrying capacity of 550 cow/calf pairs with supplemental feeding required during winter months
- The focal point of this ranch is a 7,772 +/- sq. ft. timber frame home, built in 2015
- The only thing more impressive than the interior of this home is the wildlife located outside
- With ducks and geese nesting out the front door and whitetails grazing and bedding out the back, this ranch is sure to impress even the most discerning recreationalist
- Hunting opportunities abound with trophy elk, whitetail deer, mule deer and antelope regularly being harvested off the ranch
- The fishing along the 3+ miles of Sybille Creek is also very good
- Other improvements on the ranch include a 2,768 sq. ft. manager’s home built in 2017, a recently remodeled hunting Yurt located in the heart of the Cooney Hills, two shops, and a Powder River cattle working facility with hydraulic squeeze chute and scales
- This ranch is located only two hours from the Front Range of Colorado, has easy year-round access and is located in one of the newly federally-created Opportunity Zones
This ranch is well watered with seven solar wells and 18 spring supplied tanks strategically spread throughout the ranch. The ranch headquarters has a separate well supplying domestic water. The well depths range from 125 feet to 250 feet with a static water level of 150 feet. There are two bottomless galvanized tanks and 15 tire tanks which have a longer life and provide a solar heat benefit in the winter months.
Sybille Creek flows year-round through the property for approximately 3.5 miles and has good flows, even in dry years. In addition, there are several springs, reservoirs and dams providing stock and wildlife water.
The recreational aspects of the Tally Ho Ranch are second to none. The ranch is located in what is arguably the most coveted elk area of the state and can produce mature bulls up to 400-inches. The large buck brush covering much of the Cooney Hills and Squaw Mountain provides cover for mule deer measuring all the way up 200 inches and the sub-irrigated cottonwood creek bottom provides the perfect hiding place for the giant whitetails that call this ranch home. Antelope, turkey, mountain lion and the occasional black bear make up the remaining game species on the ranch.
For the waterfowl hunter, the 3.5 miles of Sybille Creek provide year-round open water for ducks and geese. Sybille Creek is also a great tailwater fishery producing browns and rainbows ranging from 10-18 inches with an occasional large brown weighing up to 10 pounds.
There are plenty of other recreational opportunities not far from this spectacular ranch. Glendo and Greyrocks Reservoirs, located less than hour from the ranch, are known as two of Wyoming’s best walleye fisheries. Wheatland #3, Toltec and Johnson’s Reservoir, also located less than an hour from the ranch, all provide excellent trout fishing. Hiking, camping and four- wheeling trips can be found in the Laramie Mountains to the west. Snowmobilers and skiers will find great snow in the Snowy Range Mountains located less than two hours from the ranch.
This recreational ranch for sale is offered by Cory Clark with Clark & Associates Land Brokers. Clark & Associates Land Brokers have built and continue to enjoy a reputation throughout the industry that only comes from honesty, integrity, qualification, and hard work. By establishing an aggressive national, regional, and local advertising program coupled with an expansive referral network, they are able to bring buyers and sellers together. They are committed to the highest standards in the real estate industry and their objectives are driven by their commitment to clients. Clark & Associates have combined their experience, education, and special areas of training to provide you with quality service.
Cory Clark is a LANDFLIP Pro Seller and we’re proud he chooses to showcase his Wyoming land for sale on the LANDFLIP NETWORK. Contact Cory for more information on this ranch and visit the full listing page on RANCHFLIP to download the property brochure.
To learn more about advertising your ranch for sale on the LANDFLIP NETWORK call us at 877-339-LAND (5263).