Cedar Springs Plantation, located in Early County, GA, is a true southern sportsman’s heaven on earth. This is a legacy property that could be enjoyed for generations. If you are in the market for a top-shelf hunting tract, timber investment, and weekend getaway in southwest Georgia, you definitely need to come take a look at this property.
This 516 +/- acre plantation land for sale offers a surplus of sought-after features that include:
- Premier southwest Georgia whitetail, turkey, quail, and waterfowl hunting opportunities
- Diverse stands of intensely managed pine plantations in various age classes
- Shooting houses, stands, and duck blind are already in place and ready for next season
- An immaculate, furnished 3,600 sq. ft. lodge (3,600 heated and cooled, 4,300 sq. ft. under roof) that can easily accommodate 14-16 guests
- Three pole barns for equipment or ATV & UTV storage
- A like-new Kubota 4 wheel drive tractor, implements, Polaris ranger, and three golf carts to be included with the sale
- Excellent internal road system
- 15 +/- acre natural lake and .75 +/- acre man-made pond
- Well managed wildlife, with a focus on retaining great genetics in the deer population
- 20 miles from Dothan, AL, 4 miles from Columbia, AL, 10 miles from Blakely, GA, and right at 90 miles from Tallahassee, FL
The Lodge is truly an incredible feature on this property, with six bedrooms, two bunk rooms, two large lofts, and four full bathrooms, there is ample space to entertain all of your guests during hunting season. There is a total of 14 beds. The walls, staircases and all of the trim in the lodge is done with pine, which makes for a warm “at home” feeling after a long day in the woods. There are two wood burning fireplaces in the lodge; one in the living room area, and the other one is on the screened-in porch. The porch area offers the perfect spot to throw some fresh venison backstrap on the grill after a successful hunt, or to have everyone over on a Saturday during college football season. The outdoor kitchen on the porch has a big green egg sunk into the counter top, with a range hood to draw the smoke out, and also an industrial propane range and oven.There is even a bar and plenty of cabinet space as well.
There is great diversity in terms of pine timber on this property, with right at 135 +/- acres of loblolly pine in the 18-20 year age class, 100 +/- acres in the 30 year saw-timber age class, and multiple other age classes of pre-merchantable plantations. There is a really unique stand of longleaf pines that were planted in straight rows, 30-40 yards apart, specifically for creating bedding habitat for deer and cover for quail.
Aesthetically speaking, this timberland farm provides stunning views around every corner. Georgia’s signature Live Oaks are scattered throughout the property, decorated with Spanish moss. There are also a few cypress brakes on the tract that can provide refuge for wintering waterfowl making their way down South. One of these brakes is around four acres and has a duck blind built in the opening and certainly looks like a perfect spot to take your trusty Lab for a morning hunt.
This Georgia land for sale is offered by Dalton Dalrymple, with Tutt Land Company. Contact Dalton for more information or to schedule an appointment to view. Tutt Land Company is a full service real estate and land management company offering development services, timberland management and brokerage of land, residential and commercial real estate.
We are proud to have Tutt Land Company, a company with a top-notch reputation for services rendered to buyers and sellers, as a Professional Account Customer and LANDFLIP partner.
If you have a question about advertising your land for sale or display advertising opportunities, the LANDFLIP team is only a phone call (877-339-5263), chat or email away.