For the first time ever, the 7,456 acre Cason Callaway Woodland Estate is being offered for purchase by the Callaway Family. Located in Harris County, GA, this unique property was assembled by Cason Callaway, creator of nearby Callaway Gardens. Like the Gardens, this historic Georgia hunting land for sale reflects many of Cason’s innovative and conservation-minded philosophies.
However, unlike the Gardens, this property is an untamed wilderness surrounded by well-managed neighboring properties that total 33,000 acres. With no buildings, the Cason Callaway Woodland Estate is a blank canvas, which provides an opportunity to own your own private “national forest”. In fact, over 6,000 acres of adjacent land are under conservation easements and another 7,000 acres are in a State Park, ensuring this property will remain in a park-like neighborhood. This historic Georgia property is listed at $42,500,000.
- 38-acre stocked lake with unique & innovative water control devices
- Mountain Creek flows through the property for 4.7 miles
- 120 acres of actively managed wildlife food plots
- Deer are managed by a Certified Wildlife Biologist
- Bucks younger than 4 1/2 years are reserved
- 150-class deer are regularly taken
- Two deer are registered in Boone and Crockett
- Almost $10 million in timber value (as estimated by a March 2016 timber cruise)
- Approximately 22,000 acres of watershed feed the numerous creeks and springs on the property
- 57 miles of well-maintained internal roads used exclusively by the owners
- Frontage on two paved public roads
- 6 miles from a local airport with a 5,000’ runway
- One hour drive Southwest of Atlanta
Significant additional property data is also available. ArcGIS shape files are available for forest types, soils, geology, hydrology, archaeology surveys, historic house locations, and grave locations – just to name a few. The family even has 100-year-old government maps of the property. Be part of an influential neighborhood and historic legacy by owning this one-of-a-kind property.
This beautiful estate property for sale is offered by Tom Brickman with Cyprus Partners. Tom is a registered forester, licensed broker and certified general appraiser. His specialty is helping people simplify the process of buying and selling land. Tom passionately believes that anyone can find their dream property and enjoys using his experience to help buyers and sellers simplify the maze of details.
The agents at Cyprus Partners have 30+ years of experience buying, selling or managing rural land. They offer a broad perspective and good land advice on things like timberland, wildlife, access, boundary issues or value.
To learn more about advertising your land for sale on the LANDFLIP NETWORK call us at 877-339-LAND (5263).